Partnership Resource Center
Sample Press Release Language
___________ PARTNERS WITH OUT TEACH TO #SAVESCIENCE!
_________ Joins Year-Long #SaveScience Campaign
to Provide Students with 4 Million Hours of Science Instruction.
To help elementary students across the country receive the Science instruction they need, (Partner Name) has joined the #SaveScience campaign. Created by national nonprofit Out Teach, #SaveScience is a year-long national awareness campaign rallying schools across the country to provide students with 4 million hours of Science instruction.
Out Teach created #SaveScience to focus on the critical need for more Science instruction in elementary school. Students start to consider career interests in 6th grade, but if they haven’t received enough engaging and high-quality Science instruction, they won’t get on the path to the interesting, rewarding, and plentiful STEM careers in the future.
Not only will effective Science instruction improve students’ lives, but the nation needs to increase the number of scientists working to solve many of the challenges we all face. The future of our nation’s health, productivity, safety, and environment are all linked to the strength of our Science pipeline. The need for early and effective Science education is enormous, and these issues are far worse in low-income schools, where teachers have fewer resources and supports.
____________ has joined the #SaveScience campaign to help (enter partnership alignment here.
Did you know?
• 78% of 4th graders aren’t proficient in Science.
• Most elementary students receive only 18 minutes of Science instruction per day
• 40% of elementary students receive less than an hour per week.
• ¼ of elementary teachers have never professional development in Science
• 2/3 of elementary teachers feel unprepared to teach science.
• 85% of elementary teachers received no Science training within the last 3 years.
• 9 in 10 principals say Science education should start early.
• US students rank 28th internationally in Science
#SaveScience raises awareness and provides critical Science instruction support to low-income schools across the country, supporting thousands of teachers, and reaching more than 100,000 children.