Teacher Professional Development Scholarships
Hands-on outdoor learning is proven to accelerate and deepen student comprehension, improve long-term recall, and increase engagement. So Out Teach equips teachers to use the outdoors to give students access to exciting, real-world Science experiences, weaving critical STEM, literacy, and 21st Century skills, like critical thinking and collaboration, into every school day. Occasionally, Out Teach is able to offer scholarships to teachers in targeted markets. These opportunities empower educators to use their existing outdoor spaces to bring Science to life, integrate Science across subject areas, and inspire students of all backgrounds with authentic hands-on Science learning, adding meaning and context to every subject, and sparking students’ love of learning and discovery.
Current scholarship opportunities include:
Cox Enterprises – STEAM Scholarships
To boost STEAM instruction while creating more engaging and effective learning experiences, Cox Enterprises scholarships fund Georgia teacher participation in the Out Teach Professional Learning Community (PLC), a virtual collaborative group created to help elementary teachers transform education with hands-on outdoor STEAM activities.
Cox Enterprises and Out Teach have worked together over the past few years to ensure that every student has access to an engaging, hands-on STEAM education, no matter their resources. Together, we are providing teachers with the tools they need to succeed and creating a more diverse pipeline of students empowered to fill the dynamic STEAM careers of tomorrow. To learn more about Cox Enterprises commitment to STEAM education, visit coxenterprises.com.
These scholarships are designed to help teachers across Georgia increase their knowledge and skills using experiential learning best-practices and outdoor phenomena to support STEAM instruction, and inquiry-based, student-directed learning. More details below.
STEAM Scholarship Details
• For Georgia teachers in under-resourced elementary schools
• Year-long professional development help teachers use any campus’ outdoor spaces to create unforgettable STEAM learning experiences every day.
• Application window opens May 7th and closes June 30th, 2021
• Application form is below.
• Out Teach Master Teachers help participants identify and implement effective and innovative instructional strategies that help unlock student performance and spark a love of STEAM
• Out Teach hosts six virtual meetings and ongoing project-based learning opportunities throughout the school year
• Cultivates a long-term teacher-to-teacher network of support
• Year-long professional development helps teachers use any campus outdoor spaces to create unforgettable STEAM learning experiences every day