Join Our Team
Out Teach team members spend every day working with school, district, and corporate partners to enrich every child’s education with the power of outdoor experiential learning. We have recently launched an aggressive, 4-year growth plan that will expand our impact to 15 cities across the U.S. In July 2016, we launched a regional office in Charlotte, NC to serve school districts in North and South Carolina. Additional regional offices include Texas, the Mid-Atlantic, and the Southeast, as well as a National HQ office in Washington DC.
At Out Teach, each staff member contributes to an inclusive work environment by valuing other people regardless of differences and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence. Our work is guided by our core values, qualities we seek in new team members. Get to know more about our culture and benefits too.
Also, we’re always looking for volunteers. To volunteer in our Fort Worth, TX or Washington D.C. offices, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current open positions (from newest to oldest) include:
Manager, Partnerships Development
Location(s) Washington, DC or Atlanta, GA
Employment Type Permanent
The Manager of Partnership Development will partner with the Senior Director of Partnerships and the Director of Strategic Initiatives to develop integrated partnerships with national corporations that fuel the growth of Out Teach. S/he will be responsible for all corporate business development functions, including cultivation strategy, securing new partnerships, and supporting cultivation activities of partnerships team members. This position will work closely with staff members across the country to generate and cultivate leads, while also assuming responsibility for internal team projects, as needed.
The Manager of Partnership Development will have direct revenue goals and will be responsible for ensuring optimal partnership development, stewardship and execution.
- Partners with the Senior Director of Partnerships to develop and execute a comprehensive corporate business development strategy that generates new revenue and national visibility for Out Teach.
- Actively leads all aspects of the business development process/sales cycle: research and identification of prospective targets, outreach and strategic cultivation, proposal development, presentation, and contract negotiation.
- Crafts strategy for developing integrated corporate partnerships, including connecting event sponsorship, cause-marketing, CSR, and/or Foundation opportunities to build the largest, most productive partnerships possible for the organization.
- Develops customized partnership proposals positioned in direct response to prospects’ stated business and philanthropic goals such as employee engagement, impact in key geographies, increased PR/visibility, elected official engagement, etc.
- Builds relationship loyalty through consultative sales, meticulous customer service and through creative problem-solving to ensure successful development, execution and growth of partnerships.
- Collaborates with Account Management team to expand corporate partnerships to new channels; develops growth strategies, solicits, and helps secure incremental funding.
- Collaborates with staff across the organization to secure new business and leverages Senior Leadership and Education team members strategically to cultivate the broadest, most productive partnerships possible.
Maintains regular updates in CRM database to ensure all prospect information is tracked and easily accessible.
- Bachelor’s Degree, plus 4-6 years of experience in successfully securing six figure gifts for nonprofits and/or a track-record of success generating new sales for an organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written), including strong presentation and listening skills.
- Proven ability to build relationships using a consultative sales process.
- Strong analytical, strategic planning, time management, and organizational skills required. An ability to manage multi-faceted projects and a capacity to perform well independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment are essential.
- Highly collaborative, positive and proactive working style with ability to be a strong ambassador for Out Teach.
- Demonstrated experience negotiating contracts and managing contracting processes.
- Knowledge of the principles and regulations associated with cause marketing partnerships.
- Process oriented and strong commitment to excellence is essential.
- Mission-driven and passionate about Out Teach’s mission to transform teaching and learning.
- Strong design skills and excellent attention to detail a must.
- Highly competent in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience working in Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce strongly preferred.
- This position requires moderate travel–approximately 25% of the time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; noise level is moderate.
- Daily contact with external customers and colleagues at all levels of the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work after hours and on weekends as needed.
- Ability to sit for an extended period in an office environment.
Salary and benefits are competitive.
This is an Exempt Position
Location(s) Washington, DC
Employment Type Permanent
Job Listed 13-Dec-2018
Out Teach is seeking a self-starter with experience in nonprofit finance and accounting who is interested in working with a fast-paced growing organization and can deliver results in a deadline driven environment. The successful candidate will need to have a high level of integrity and attention to detail.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for managing the day-to-day accounting and operations of Out Teach and will report to and work closely with the Vice President of Finance.
This position plays a key role in ensuring that the right processes and controls are in place to drive our organization as we grow. They will own their own projects, identify and address areas of improvement within our accounting function, quickly master new concepts and processes, and handle job duties with excellent judgment.
If you are dedicated to the education of children and looking to expand and flex your accounting, finance and operations skills to meet our growing needs, while providing stellar customer service to internal customers, this position is the right one for you.
In this role, candidates should be prepared to collaborate on implementation of a new accounting system while maintaining existing QuickBooks records.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities listed below. The duties and responsibilities include the following, though other duties may be assigned:
- Execute and coordinate the organization’s accounting and reporting functions, including but not limited to, maintaining the organization’s accounting policies, practices and procedures related to
- (a) the cash receipt and disbursement process,
- (b) credit card reconciliation process,
- (c) bank reconciliation process,
- (d) reconciliation and analysis of auxiliary activities and (
- e) the interpretation/implementation of new technical accounting standards.
- Maintains General Ledger and prepares monthly closing procedures, in compliance with Financial Policies and Procedures, GAAP (Generally Acceptable Accounting Principles) and in compliance with all laws and regulatory requirements.
- Analyzes actual results compared to budget and prepares reports to senior management.
- Collaborates with Vice President of Finance to create financial reports for the Treasurer, Board Committees, Regional Sites and as needed for foundations, and government agencies.
- Prepare budgets for grant applications.
- Tracks grant performance and drawdowns of grants and or invoices restricted grants.
- Maintain accurate records of Temporarily Restricted Net Assets.
- Provide significant support on annual audit, to include responding to audit information requests.
- Assist the Vice President of Finance in tracking and maintaining company insurance policies.
- Train and support team leaders and staff in purchasing systems and structures at least twice a year.
- Proactively troubleshoot issues to ensure smooth site operations, and consistently improve systems.
- Manage and sustain relationships with vendors.Willingness to serve in whatever capacity is needed by the staff and has internal and external contact with customers, regulatory agencies and service providers.
- Request W9s from new vendors; enter appropriate information into General Ledger to support annual 1099 processing; run vendors through SAM.gov annually or when a vendor is added.
- Process all bills and expense reports with accuracy and with an understanding of the budget.
- Obtain payment approvals for bills.
- Responsible for low volume bi-weekly check runs including ACH/Wire Transfer payments. Communicate with vendors as necessary to resolve issues.
- Review reconciled credit card records and pay credit card bills.
- Monitor payment terms and ensure that we are taking advantage of discounts and long payment terms.
- Process bi-weekly payroll and coordinate with external payroll vendor to ensure accuracy.
- Ensures that annual and quarterly tax filings such as W-2, W-3, and 941 are reconciled and correct.
- Prepare 1099s.
- Prepare grant invoices, pledges for donors and invoices for event sponsorship.
- Monitor delinquent A/R payments.
- Regularly interface with the development department to ensure accuracy of invoice and pledge amounts and to routinely reconcile revenue.
- Work closely with the external Human Resources team to manage staff benefits and payroll.
- Maintain state level registrations.
- Participate in developing new policies and procedures to guide organization behavior and spending.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential qualification satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
BA in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or similar field of study is highly desired (equivalent on the job experience will also be considered).
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in the Accounting, Finance, or Nonprofit Management.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and skills of accounting and finance.
- Advanced experience with QuickBooks or similar accounting software required.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced everchanging environment.
- Strong track record of learning new technology systems and tools quickly.
- Excellent anticipatory skills with ability to think and plan ahead.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to establish effective relationships with internal and external audiences
- Strong mathematical aptitude
- Excellent time management and attention to detail
- Outstanding at prioritizing assignments for timely completion of projects.
- Ability to employ critical thinking, good judgment, and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Proactive approach in taking on responsibility and willingness to pitch in and help others when necessary.
To be successful a candidate must also demonstrate proficiency in the following areas:
- Think Strategically: Proven ability to manage competing priorities while staying committed to a strategic plan.
- Problem Solve and Make Decisions: Proven ability to be committed to a process and decision-making structure; Ability to raise solution-oriented flags that ensure success.
- Communicate: Clearly articulate information and ideas orally and in writing; experience communicating with both internal and external audiences of varying levels of seniority.
- Executes to Results: Accomplish tasks on time with high quality; design and plan work to achieve required results; Demonstrate resilience to setbacks; Prioritize work and multitask effectively; accept accountability and take initiative.
- Team Collaboration and Leadership: Collaborate effectively with others; value individual perspectives and encourage sharing of information and ideas.
The physical requirements and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Moderate noise level
Moderate stress level
Regular and predictable attendance
Occasional standing and lifting of at least 10 pounds
Long periods of sitting
Occasional travel locally and nationally
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter through our jobs site here: https://www.ikrut.com/microsite/pages/Out%20Teach/default.html
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Out Teach:
Out Teach trains teachers to unlock student performance with the power of experiential learning outdoors. We design and build engaging outdoor learning labs and work one-on-one with teachers to empower them to take their students outside expectactions. We are growing regionally – with regions in Texas, Mid-Atlantic, Carolinas, and Southeast. Our National Headquarters is based in Washington, DC.